PDA

View Full Version : New Purchase Question

antiqfreq
08-18-2010, 05:05 AM
This question was submitted in the New Member Check In section and moved here. In the process of moving the post, the new member's name was inadvertently deleted. My apologies. Festus2 Moderator

I am picking up our new 266RL this weekend. Is there anything that that I should pay special attention to?

This is antiqfreg's reply:
You must do a complete check of ALL systems before you accept your RV.

This is called a PDI and I am sure there is a check-list on this form for that purpose.

You look in every nook and cranny and make sure the dealer/salesperson answers all your questions and shows you how every single item works.

Let us know how you make out and welcome to our forum.

We are here to help out with any and all questions and hope to help make your camping experience a perfect one!

Jo

:)

MichUTurn
08-18-2010, 04:55 PM
That was my question. I will make sure everything is up and running and checked out before accepting. I've been towing a travel trailer pass eight years. This is my first 5th wheel. Is the CURT 5th wheel hitch equal to REESE hitches? Thanks

KanTC
08-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Welcome MichUTurn, and congratulations on your new 5th wheel.

Is your 266RL a Laredo?? If so, we have the 265RL (no bedroom slide) model... and there's a few other Laredo owners here too.

'Backing' and 'turning' a 5th wheel is a bit different than a travel trailer. Your pivot point (obviously) & tracking will change, so give yourself plenty of room for wider turns. And, always be aware of your 12ft+ height... *looking up* for low limbs, over-hangs, bridge heights, etc. will soon become 2nd nature. ;)

Just a few things to keep in mind... and I think you're going to be very pleased with the towing 'difference'. :D

Enjoy your new 5th wheel, and enjoy the journey!!

Terri [& DH Kevin]