PDA

View Full Version : Personal Camping Site

Jim Dow
07-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Our Montana High Country has a semi-permanent home on the family farm. My son and I put in a dedicated power post (50 amp) with surge protector and a sewer hookup in close prximity.

This weekend, we put in a red brick patio for my wife. We put in a layer of sand before parking the trailer; and, as you can see, the grass is coming through it just fine. Pretty soon we'll have a level grassy front lawn as well.

Nice time in the country - my hunting cabin and fishing lodge right next to my old home place. You can't get any better than this!

richf28
07-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Great idea. Our son is planning on buying our house when my wife retires in about a year. We want to hook up and travel but in the summer be back around home. We have talked of doing the same thing so we don't invade his home while there. We and he can have our privacy.

chain_dogg
07-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Awsome !

You might have a problem when you pull the tank release, unless you get a better angle on the sewer hose............Hahah

Jim Dow
07-30-2013, 07:49 PM
The sewer hose fitting screws into the drain pipe - I make certain of it before pulling the valve.

Lost
07-31-2013, 01:43 AM
Nice setup :)

Family_5ers
07-31-2013, 12:39 PM
That's awesome, we've started a similar set up at home. The 5er serves as a guest house often. Going to do it in stages. We've got power and water so far, but I next I'd like to pour a nice pad and do some landscaping, maybe next year.