PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering??

TMC10
08-16-2010, 05:42 PM
:confused: Is there anyone out there who likes their Keystone Toyhauler?? After reading more negative than positive postings we are questioning whether we should get into RVing and buy a new Keystone Outback Kargaroo.

Festus2
08-16-2010, 08:11 PM
I am sensing that you are having serious doubts about purchasing the Kargaroo Toyhauler triggered by the negative comments you have read about Keystone Toyhaulers. True, there have been a number of posts from members who have had problems with their Toyhaulers. There are other members who have had problems with their units other than Toyhaulers. You will also find many members who are very satisfied with their Keystone RV.

You are not the first to ask the question..... "Is there anyone out there who likes their.........? These people have also read negative comments about some model they were thinking of buying and are looking for some kind of positive feedback from owners of similar units.
I don't think anyone here can give you a guarantee that whatever you end up buying will be free from problems. If you have decided that you want a Toyhauler, checked out the various companies that make them, gone through the different makes, picked out what features you want, selected a reputable and customer -oriented dealer, gone through the unit with a detailed PDI, and finally have any deficiencies corrected by the dealer then there isn't a whole lot more you can do.

If the negative comments you have read here are enough to make you feel really uncomfortable about buying a Keystone Toyhauler, then don't. You have to feel confident that the product you are buying is going to meet your expectations and provide you with enjoyment.
I wish you luck with whatever you decide to buy - or not buy. In the end, I guess the final decision is yours.

hoffbrew
08-17-2010, 03:20 PM
We like our toy hauler a lot. We use ours more for non toy hauling, but when we use it for hauling toys it is nice to have. No matter what you get there are going to be some minor issues. By reading some of the "fixes" on this site or others, you will become more familiar with your unit. Like I have said before, I doesnt matter what mfg you buy, there will be something. I dont mind tinkering with hauler. You get some great ideas to mod up.

Chuck H.
08-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Our Keystone Raptor is our 4th fifth wheel and we love it! All four that we have owned have had one issue or another, but so far anything that has come up with the Raptor our dealer and Keystone have been great to work with and taken good care of us.

jaxtim
08-19-2010, 09:09 AM
I Purchased a used 3712 about two months ago. My Wifey and I liked the set-up of this paticular model. Soon we found a few problems and thought we were suckered but when i sat down and thought about it. I realized that anything mass produced will have flaws. I just sucked it up and like was said before here and don't mind tinkering with anything to get it to meet my needs or to fix a minor problem. It wouldn't hurt to have a person more knowledgeable (if you are not comfortable with your own judgement) to take a look at a unit before buying. Personally we have fallen in love with our unit and wouldn't have it any other way (Quirks and all). We just love the experience and the people you meet RV'ing. I guess what I'm trying to say is you will find ten that lov'm and ten that hate'm so take it with a grain of salt and just make the jump, You may reget it or you may fall in love with a whole new way of living.

Agent 405
08-24-2010, 10:04 AM
We love our toy hauler. The only problem we've had is the gas tank is slow to fill. Other than that it's been great.

Ruffus
08-24-2010, 04:34 PM
These vehicles are just that, vehicles. Not stick built homes on a foundation but vehicles that you can live in. They create a since of adventure and take quite a beating going down these highways and byways but the key words are they create an adventure. There are things that break that you can fix and there are things you might not be able to fix and have to have a professional take care of. So I would say if your not ready for an adventure you might want to re-think what you are about to do and leave the driving to someone else.:eek:

Flyguy
08-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Well said Ruffus, I agree!

BigCajun
08-26-2010, 10:30 AM
there is a fix for the slow fuel tank fill. Mine was slow to fill and would flow back at you and when you used the pump to pump fuel out, it would make an extremely loud metal pop. It was the pressure in the tank. There is an issue with the venting of the tank. There is a fill neck spacer with vent that they add to eliminate the problem

Agent 405
08-26-2010, 12:22 PM
there is a fix for the slow fuel tank fill. Mine was slow to fill and would flow back at you and when you used the pump to pump fuel out, it would make an extremely loud metal pop. It was the pressure in the tank. There is an issue with the venting of the tank. There is a fill neck spacer with vent that they add to eliminate the problem

BigCajun,

Thanks for the info on the tank. I'll get in touch with my dealer.

pmoyer
10-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Not happy with my Outback at all. I can understand a few problems from time to time from general use, However the workmanship on my unit is NOT something I would put my name on. I will NOT buy another Keystone unit.

BigCajun
10-25-2010, 08:27 AM

Update: Although the popping is not as loud as before, I continue to experience this phenomenon when pumping fuel out of the tank. Filling the tank, however, has been problem free.

dfennell
10-25-2010, 12:35 PM
My wife and I bought a used 2006 Raptor 3612DS, we love the trailer. We use it quite a bit. We looked for quite awhile at a lot of different trailers before deciding on the Keystone Raptor. The bottom line in my opinion is that there all built on the cheap side. They don’t really take into consideration maintenance & serviceability. All the dealers / service centers I’ve worked with in my area again just my opinion are rip off’s. The dealer or RV service center is about the last place I’d take my trailer. You can buy all the parts online for a lot less then they’ll charge you and working on them is pretty simple. The quality of work is really low and you’ll be going back all the time, pain in the A$$ to drag it back and forth especially if you live in a congested city. That being said, I’m very happy with our purchase. I’ve found an RV is like a boat no matter what you’re going to end up working on it. Things are just made to cheap and will fall apart quickly. I try to replace things with better quality and improve whatever it is that happened to need work. One other thing that I’ve noticed is that the stated weight on the side is just an outright lie! I’m sure it was true at some point, oh before they added the items you really need, generator, propane, A/C, etc., etc. so make sure have a good beefy truck and plan on replacing the tiers every other year no matter what because as you can probable guess you can’t buy a decent trailer tier and probably will not be able to until Michelin makes one. Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to discourage you just telling you what I’ve experienced. I do think it’s worth it if you’re going to use it a lot we love being in our trailer. If you’re only going to use it a few times a year, rent there only about 300.00- 500.00 a weekend and its someone else’s problem to fix all the crap plus I don’t think I need to even go into the loss you will take when you pull it off the dealers lot.

g sport
12-23-2010, 06:46 AM
i thought i was the only one with this feuling problem. i had to find a station that has a sloped drive way that allowes the filler neck to be up hill but i still have to pump real slow, will the dealer fix this,

chuck&gail
03-06-2011, 07:07 PM
We love our Outback 230RS Kargoroo. Only put about a thousand miles on it so far due to medical issues, but we are ready for spring! Everything in TT has been great, except heat vents in floor broke. Keystone kindly gave me money to pay for brass replacements under warranty.

Also might mention it tows nice with our Ford Expedition.

mrxlh
03-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Wife and I love our Raptor 4014LEV.

jje1960
03-07-2011, 03:16 PM
:confused: Is there anyone out there who likes their Keystone Toyhauler?? After reading more negative than positive postings we are questioning whether we should get into RVing and buy a new Keystone Outback Kargaroo.

We just returned from our first long weekend in our new SRX. We loved it! In-fact, it put up with an unexpected snow storm in Upstate NY and from what we can tell, no damage to any anything. We did go through an entire tank of propane, but that was expected with the snow, cold and ice everywhere. The POLAR PACKAGE was awesome, I can't see how we would have not had major problems without this package, KUDO'S to KEYSTONE.