PDA

View Full Version : Just arrived in Montana today!

lightning79
07-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Hello friends,

I just arrived at the KOA in Great Falls, Montana early this afternoon, from Lethbridge, AB. First of all, there are quite a few Alberta plates like mine here!

Anyway, it's a beautiful campground. Has anybody ever camped around this area, or within an hour or two's drive of Great Falls? Anything that you'd recommend seeing or visiting?

Kevin

GaryWT
07-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Never been but have a great time.

Rusty
07-29-2013, 06:40 AM
If you were closer you could do Going to the Sun Road, in Glacier National Park. It is outside Kalispel around 3 hrs or so from Great Falls.

We are heade4d there in another couple of weeks.

We love Montana!

rosede
07-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello friends,

Has anybody ever camped around this area, or within an hour or two's drive of Great Falls? Anything that you'd recommend seeing or visiting?

Kevin

We were up Helena a couple of years ago. We drove right past the Missouri River Headwaters, I90 and Hwy 287. I didn't realize that we were going right past it. If I had known that, I would have planned on stopping, but since it wasn't in the plan, we didn't have the time. Next time. :D

Daryl

lightning79
08-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Been a great destination so far, I photographed the Missouri River around here, falls, springs, and I went to Helena yesterday and on the Gates of the Mountains boat cruise. All worth it!

audio1der
08-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. We've been talking about heading down to that site. Is there anything for the kids to do?

lightning79
08-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. We've been talking about heading down to that site. Is there anything for the kids to do?

There is a waterpark here with a bunch of small slides and fountains and such, little bikes to rent from the office, and a small playground. There's a park across from my site with a volleyball net on it and a small basketball court, and little bunnies run around for kids to chase. There are a lot of families (and Canadians!) that come here. I'd recommend the place. The spots are a little tight, that'd be my only real negative.

Kevin