PDA

View Full Version : Passport Sink Covers?

knbwhite707
08-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi, does anyone know how one goes about ordering the correct sink covers (2)? We have a 2011 Passport 2850 RL Ultra Lite Grand Touring. Our RV dealer cannot seem to order the proper fitted sizes and I cannot find them in catalogues. Both are 14.5 in long with 1 being 12 in wide and the other 9 in wide. Rounded corners. Thanks.

Flyguy
08-13-2010, 05:09 AM
I haven't seen any for sale and I was wanting to get those for our Passport, I looked at buying those white plastic cutting boards that you can find at wal-mart and other stores (looks like the same stuff that the trailer sink inserts are made from) but could not find any large enough, the plan was to make patterns out of poster board sheets and use them to cut down the cutting boards to the correct size and shape, now I think I will do that with some oak plywood and see how that works.

knbwhite707
08-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks. Think I'll do the same.

Terrydactile
08-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Its really hard to believe your dealer can't help with this.

Svilleken
04-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Did anyone ever find a source for the sink covers versus homemade?
thanks

Bob Landry
04-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Dearlership parts people are just that.. Parts people. Some are knowledgeable, others can't do much besides look in a catalog for a number and sometimes you just have to go outside the box.

This may sound simplistic, but... I can't imagine that Keystone would bother with using different size sinks on their entry level to mid-range trailers. Some come with sinkcovers/cutting boards. Seems logical to me that a cover from a sink in one model would fit a sink in another, even if it wasn't part of the package for your traler. The builders are trying to keep their parts inventory in check just like everyobe else. I would start with Keysone's customer service, get a part number for a cover, take it to your dealer, and don't forget to ask for a discount for doing his legwork.

ktmracer
04-03-2011, 07:56 AM
our dealer had no problems ordering the correct one for our outback. since most off the sink are identical, dealers shouldn't have a problem. the dealer measured the sink, then sent that along with the vin # to keystone. $8 and week later I had the cover for the smaller side of the sink.

If the dealer won't co operate, do an internet search on RV sinks, and you'll find places that do sell the sink covers for different common sink sizes.

Svilleken
04-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I ordered them today at my dealer $11 each + $6 shipping...

ksfis43
04-08-2011, 04:26 AM
I was surprised when I picked up my new TT last week, it already had the sink covers!
If the dealer cant help you, call keystone directly.

dea3851
04-08-2011, 06:41 AM
I didn't like my covers in my cougar 318SAB 2010, they warped and stuck up and were a pain, went to local hard surface counter top shop, made them out of scrap material look real good on the sink and only cost me 25.00 had them the next day DON Ludington