PDA

View Full Version : My New (to me) 2005 F350 DRW 6.0

Htfiremedic
07-05-2013, 07:07 AM
It started well.....
I purchased a used F350 this week. I had to go to CW in Asheville, NC to pick up my Fiver. I got there and backed up to my camper. Camper batteries dead. Had to jump start the Genny to raise the pin. Here comes the rain.
As I plug in my camper, no lights, brakes, etc. borrow tools...$&"@&$...get wet. Truck plug is bad- buy new- replace. Wron plug...$&@"@&$....remove.....buy correct one and replace. More rain..... Plug in no lights..."@&)&&""&$$$&@@@&$&...unplug and on come the reverse lights...more$&@"@@&$!...more rain.
In wire and test each wire individually with test light. Rewire correctly. Colors wrong. Plug in. Monsoon- brakes work, tail lights, nothing else. Hurricane - I think I saw an Ark go by...$&@"@&&$$$$&&$&""&$!
I am now soaked and could care less. DW and kids are warm and dry. I finally go back into CW and thank the Tec, who is also soaked and late getting off work. I owe him a FD tee-shirt.
I start down the mountain for SC. Rain- top speed 40MPH due to down pour and no real brake lights or turn signals.
Make it home.
Next day....at FD "trouble shooting" no stop/turn signals.
Chief-" did you check the fuse?"
Me-"@@&$&@, no"
Chief-"It is bad"
Change fuse....check wires...colors still wrong, correct problem...
Finally- got em going.
What a first trip
Hope y'all laughed!

Htfiremedic
07-05-2013, 07:14 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/05/mabetuzy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/05/3amypede.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/05/3e5a7uqu.jpg

TandE
07-05-2013, 09:04 AM
What an excursion you had there! Glad you got it all figured out. Great looking truck!

f6bits
07-05-2013, 09:46 AM
The truck lights look great, though. Bummer about the 7-pin wiring. Any guesses as to why it was so messed up? Was it the added plug to the bed for the fiver?

The good news is that everything else worked and what wasn't was fixable.

Ken / Claudia
07-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Well, after that I hope you have no further problems. That 5th wheel and truck might have more systems than a fire truck. It's good to be able to jump right in and fix them, or ask on here how. With the wire colors and plugs standard I do not understand why some people still wire them THIER way, not the correct way.

Htfiremedic
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
It was not the bed wiring, it had been cut free. I have since fixed that as well.
Thanks for the compliments! My daughters have named her "Dixie", after a friends dog. Go figure.

Bob Landry
07-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Let us know how that 6.0L works out.

Terry W.
07-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Now just add a LED light bar maybe some hide aways and a super Q and you'll be ready

Htfiremedic
07-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Now just add a LED light bar maybe some hide aways and a super Q and you'll be ready

I said the same...DW had other ideas. I will sneak in something......

bigcitypopo
07-08-2013, 02:34 AM
wait... I laughed at " did you check the fuse" then laughed again when it came from a chief...

on my side of the shop it goes like this..

sarg: hey... how come my light bar isnt working...
Me: did you flip the switch...
Sarg: yeah
me: why are you in a B/O shop... the spot says GARAGE on it
Sarg: the keys fit
Me: but its broke.. needs fixn.. like your head go to the kit room and get another ride...

sarg: dammit, he's right... again

(the sarge is my academy classmate.... lets just say i helped him a lot in the academy) lol