PDA

View Full Version : Is this common?

alien_scones
06-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Killing time at the campsite, inspecting the tires, I noticed this:

It's only on one wheel well.

Is this common? It kinda looks like a tire blowout perhaps made on the original delivery. I can't say for sure it was or was not there on delivery, so it's possible it is recent.

Everything else looks ok, no busted welds.

Javi
06-15-2013, 08:12 AM
That's you hitting a bump or a big dip in the road... not a lot of travel or shock absorption in the suspension on most travel trailers...

therink
06-15-2013, 08:35 AM
I've never seen that, but likely caused from suspension bottoming out. I would think that is not normal though. How are your springs? I would try patching it with gorilla tape before the wood is water damaged. Did you check the other side?

alien_scones
06-15-2013, 09:00 AM
I did check both sides.

I am thinking of putting alum diamond plate in that area for all wheels just in case of a future blowout or more bottoming out.

therink
06-15-2013, 09:10 AM
I did check both sides.

I am thinking of putting alum diamond plate in that area for all wheels just in case of a future blowout or more bottoming out.

That is a great idea. I have thought of doing something similar. It wouldn't take much to rip things up in the event of a blowout.
Steve

rayjoanlough
06-15-2013, 03:11 PM
I did check both sides.

My old eyes seem to see these tears on the slide-out? If that's correct if you go to diamond plate you may have a clearance problem when it slides in for travel or storage. I use a thin plastic slider cover for my Cougar slide so the inside carpet isn't marred or ripped.MHO:)
Ray