PDA

View Full Version : crack in front corner - flexing problem

disappointed
07-17-2010, 01:58 PM
We have a crack in the front corner of our brand new cougar fifth wheel. One trip and it was there.

Does anyone have any advice? My concern is even if it is repaired will it be an on going problem. Our guy at the dealership had a look and pointed out it had already been repaired in that area already - before we bought it. No one disclosed that to us.

I am really disappointed to have a problem like this right off the start. I keep wondering if the RV industry is going to wake up soon and start producing better products.

Right now we are waiting to see if they will cover it under the warranty. The dealer won't even touch it till they say yes and how they want the repair to be done.:(

Festus2
07-17-2010, 03:24 PM
It would have been nice had your first post been more encouraging but I can appreciate your disappointment - especially since the Cougar was brand new. But welcome to the forum. There have been some recent posts on here which talked about similar concerns - cracking and flexing. I would hope that Keystone will do the right thing and give the go-ahead to the dealership to repair it. Let us know how you make out.

JRTJH
07-29-2014, 05:58 AM
You can read about disappointed's successful outcome here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?p=137700

Ken / Claudia
07-31-2014, 09:05 PM
I will wait 4 years to tell him how I like the trailer furniture.