PDA

View Full Version : slideout lights not working

tireman
07-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with my keystone hornet 27 rls lighting in the slideout. The light over the couch, exterior wall (behind couch) and over the kitchen table quit working. I tried new bulbs and changed the fuse for the living room and they still don't work. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

GBHRPS
07-11-2010, 01:31 PM
I've been under my unit to lubricate the slide mechanism when it was fully open, and saw a large cable that I suspect houses the wiring for the slide lights. It has an attachment with a long spring that holds the wiring out of harm's way when the slide is in. Also, in my unit's case, there was a metal junction box the cable went to and from.

I would wonder if you couldn't trace whether you have current to and from the junction box, or if the wiring has been pinched somehow? Just a thought.

Atfulldraw
07-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I've been under my unit to lubricate the slide mechanism when it was fully open, and saw a large cable that I suspect houses the wiring for the slide lights. It has an attachment with a long spring that holds the wiring out of harm's way when the slide is in. Also, in my unit's case, there was a metal junction box the cable went to and from.

I would wonder if you couldn't trace whether you have current to and from the junction box, or if the wiring has been pinched somehow? Just a thought.

Mine too has this setup -- it is the connection for the slideout electricals

tireman
07-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I have the same setup. Everything else on the trailer works, except the three lights. I was just hoping somebody else had the same issue and that it was a bad ground somewhere.

Thanks