PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Television

Ruffus
07-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey guys. Our Sprinter fifthwheel has a plug in for 110 A/C and TV antenna hook up and amp in the bedroom over the dresser. I would like to wall mount a flat screen TV in the area and am wondering how to mount the swivel arm mount to the wall. I am concerned because I do not know what is behind the paneling to attach to. Is there any kind of diagram showing the studs? I sure don't want to be drilling holes through my outside wall.
Jim B:confused:

hankpage
07-10-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure about the sprinter but on my Cougar you can see the outline of the metal frame on the outside Filon when it is damp. I took measurements to a common point, (Window frame or vent or door) and transfered them to the inside and mounted a piece of plywood across two frame members with self drilling screws. Mounted swivel tv mount and velcro straps to secure for travel. One of these days I'll get around to painting the plywood to match the wall. :rolleyes: Hope this helps, Hank

http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/25573/2409716900047821328S425x425Q85.jpg

Ruffus
07-11-2010, 03:34 AM
Thank you Hank, it will help.

GBHRPS
07-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I would wonder if a stud finder might give you what you are after. You might even try one of those infra red temperature measuring devices. Sometimes they're called thermal leak detectors. Certainly worth a try.

Ruffus
07-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. Hanks idea of the plywood mount and GBHRPS idea of the stud finder :Dmade it all come together. The stud finder is one that I've had for 43 years, my DW. She found me and today she pointed out two on a interior wall that I had not looked at. Hanks idea on the plywood will easly cover two studs and make mounting the swivel arm a breeze. Thanks again!
You guys Rock!
jim B