PDA

View Full Version : Installing a TrailAir Pin Box

Jim W
07-08-2010, 04:02 AM
After our last trip to the mid-Southerner states my DW wants a different pin box mounted on the camper to smooth out the ride. So this weekend I am installing a TrailAir pin box. The instructions seem straight forward and the install does not look to difficult to do.
My question to any member that has done this is. Our there any pointers that would make this installation easier?
Thanks
Jim

K&Gs3400RL
07-16-2010, 06:31 PM
You have probably already installed it but when I did mine on our last cougar I used a floor jack in my pickup bed, I set the pin box on the jack and backed up the truck. Made it super easy.

Jim W
07-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the tip, but the new pin box is installed. Mu older son and I did the install already. The two of us were able to lift and hold it in place.
The only thing we would have dong differently would be to pre-install the air bag to the lower portion of the box first. I believe this would have made the installation easier.
We have only pulled the camper to the storage lot but we did notice an improvement in the ride of the truck when pulling.
Thanks again.
Jim