PDA

View Full Version : Black Tank drain

K&Gs3400RL
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
My Brother-inlaw and Sister have a New 2010 Montana 3000RKS and the black tank does not drain well. From the Black tank to the Sewer Boom there is no angle whatsoever. Was anyone elses built like this? We know what needs to be done but why was it built like this in the first place.

Festus2
07-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Not to make light of their problem, but perhaps the design folks and "engineers" at Keystone do not grasp the concept that liquids flow best when going downhill.

Firecapt
07-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Their drain problem may be more than just the angle on the drain. I have heard of repeated problems with the plastic cut-out (for the vent pipe) being left in the tank and clogging the outlet; other debris could have the same effect. Make sure you have explored all the other possibilities before dismantling the piping and correcting the angle. :)

ptodd47
07-07-2010, 08:05 PM
I would agree that it's probably a venting issue.

floydsheating
07-08-2010, 02:05 AM
they probably meant to put the line at an angle and it was probably a case of human error, but havent they herd of gravity??? it could also be jammmed... i would take it to your dealer to see if they can find out whats wrong!

wheelygoode
07-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Our Laredo has the same problem - the drain should have some slope to it, but doesn't. As a result it is slow (very slow!) to drain. Next time we'll try putting boards down on the out-board side to raise that side and make a bit of a slope, and hopefully that will help. It's a nuisance, and an engineering mistake, not sure how we can fix it. We've had other RV's with much better drainage - tanks emptied with a whoosh rather than a trickle.

Eckerhill
08-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Contrarian view. I don't think its a big issue. If one does not drain until tank is full as per instructions and the black tank flush is started when drain starts and goes for maybe 5-10 minutes after bulk has drained, you have a lot of fluid that is going to seek the low point and it will leave only a smidgen in the line which should be relatively clean water. Angling the line simply increases potential for getting snared on something and for no real gain.