PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioner Vibration

dlooney
07-01-2010, 10:35 AM
When using our air conditioner on high fan (was told that it was necessary in the South to keep it from freezing up) it causes a vibration which can be felt mostly in the kitchen and livingroom area. Is this normal? During our hot and humid days the air conditioner runs non-stop and this gets aggravating. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Terrydactile
07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
No it is not normal. Sounds like it is out of balance. If this is something that just started and didn't happen when you first got the 5er I'd look for a mud dobber's nest fixed to one of the fan blades up on the roof under the shroud.

Flyguy
07-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Right on Terry, I removed one from the fan blade about a month ago, also found a live wasp nest in there too! Now I keep a cover on the roof unit when not in use.

dlooney
07-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks guys. Our camper does sit in one place all year long. We are going there this weekend. Will be sure to check it out.

Thanks.

calbroome
07-29-2013, 02:27 AM
If it is significant vibration you may find the bolts holding the a/c in place are loose. I had the same problem and I had to remove the inside shroud and tighten the nut/ bolts. If they are tight may be a dobber clump of mud on a blade. Good luck.

muddynoll
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
The same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. There was a large mud nest in the center of the fan blades throwing it off balance. Only took about a half an hour to clean it out at the campground. Hardest part was finding a ladder.

chuck&gail
08-04-2013, 06:19 PM
If it is mud daubers, remember they are WASPS and can sting. I suggest you use a broom to hit the shroud first to see what flies out, BEFORE you remove the shroud on the roof. Running off a roof is not good for you.

mikell
08-05-2013, 09:38 AM
If it's been running a couple of times I would bet they are already gone but would fire it up for 5 minutes before heading to the roof