PDA

View Full Version : New Goodyear G614's

Honda4us
04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Getting the Goodyears on the toyhauler tomorrow, installed and balanced for $338 a copy. Now to find a home for some low mile trailer tires :p
Thinking about adding a Tps to, blowing tires is not fun:o

SAABDOCTOR
04-22-2013, 06:26 AM
the TPMS from TST is a great addition. I am sure blowing a tire is not legale in most states:rofl: just had to say that!!!!

MarkS
04-22-2013, 06:55 AM
I think the TPS requires metal valve stems. If you have the trailer at the tire dealer, might be a good time to take care of that.

SAABDOCTOR
04-22-2013, 07:48 AM
the TST sensors do not require metal stems However that is a great up grade when getting new tires

Festus2
04-22-2013, 08:02 AM
the TST sensors do not require metal stems

Barney -
According to the instruction sheet that came with my TPMS, it is recommended that metal valve stems be used. The reason given is that they will result in more consistent and more accurate readings.

MarkS
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
the TST sensors do not require metal stems However that is a great up grade when getting new tires

The FAQ on the TST web site says:

Do I need special valve stems?

No, you do not need special valve stems, but you do need commonly available metal valve stems.

SAABDOCTOR
04-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Funny my instruction sheet makes no mention of them. Mine are two years old however so something has changed. My 5er has metal stems but the dually does not. But i do use the short stems only so may be i am lucky. I could see a problem with the long ones flexing. Soory i left my dang caps lock on again. I wright repair orders in caps i am not yelling sorry.i do see the value of the metal stems. but honestly i have had no issues with them they ready consistantly were i can see a problem is with the pass through type on long stems. they are longer and weigh more so at high speeds i can see the stem beeing flexed and poss leaking. but when i change out the truck tires i am going to switch to metal stems. just my 2 cents worth.

Honda4us
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
the TPMS from TST is a great addition. I am sure blowing a tire is not legale in most states:rofl: just had to say that!!!!

:eek:
:rofl: I thought only my mind went that way :D

Which tst system do you have?