PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Slide buttons

kenn209
06-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Question: On our new 318sab the control panel seems like it was setup wrong,

The buttons for the 3 slides don't match the location of the acutal slide....

The bedroom slide is correct but the 2 slides in the back are swapped so they don't correlate to the panel, Is this nit picky? It seems like they would match the location of the slide... Wonder if I can change this somehow...

Sorry if this doesn't make sense..

Festus2
06-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Not having a wiring diagram of the control panel, I am wondering if you could remove the panel and switch the wires so that the two rocker switches correspond to the correct slides. If you are close to your dealer, take it back and get them to correct this goof. Another solution might be to switch the labels but they may get ruined in the process OR make a new set of labels and stick them over the correct switch. No, I dont think you are being nit-picky, but merely expecting what would seem to be a very reasonable assumption ----- that it has been wired and labelled correctly by the manufacturer.

kenn209
06-17-2010, 12:14 PM
No dealer is 4 hours away, Even the salesman was having issues remembering which switch controls which slide....

I was thinking of opening the panel and just switching the two switches....

hankpage
06-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Question: Is this nit picky?

No it is not! If the switches are side by side I would change them to the way you want them. I did this with my lighting panel (Four switches) so the switches match the location of the lights. "Nit picky" maybe, but they are MY lights. Just be sure to disconnect the battery while moving the switches and hope the wires are long enough. (All this assumes the switches are right next to each other)
Happy camping, Hank

kenn209
06-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, The main reason is the slide on the passenger side is very close to my house when the camper is parked, So if I extend the wrong slide or my son or wife, could do some damage to the slide.... Will look into labeling or movig the switches.

66ken
06-17-2010, 01:39 PM
My Cougar was the same. Just remove the panel and change the wires on the switch's(they plug in). I thought it was a oversight, but must be the way they are all wired from the factory.

chuckretnav
08-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I have a 327 also and the switchs had no label except to say it was a switch for the slide, so I just got a label maker and marked them myself, when i get time Ill take the panel off and swap the wires around. Anybody else find that all the books that come with your unit are so vague its like they don't want you to know anything and go to a dealer pay good money for something simple we can do in the driveway.:confused:

ptodd47
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
My gray and black water tanks were labeled backwards. We couldnt figure out why the shower backed up when the gray water valve was open. My daughter actually discovered the problem. Going to get a label maker and label the correctly and also label my slide switches.

rjsurfer
08-10-2010, 01:42 PM
My gray and black water tanks were labeled backwards. We couldnt figure out why the shower backed up when the gray water valve was open. My daughter actually discovered the problem. Going to get a label maker and label the correctly and also label my slide switches.

I can see the Friday afternoon work crew at Keystone laughing their butts off when they mislabeled the valves, I'm betting they got a good laugh out of that. What they don't realize is that the jokes on them, eventually NO ONE will buy an American product because of their stupidity....and remember no one at Keystone even checked their work.

Ron W.

ptodd47
08-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Yes quality control should have caught that one for sure. No big deal for us but just puzzeling why they did that.

bennydog
08-10-2010, 05:56 PM
For reasons that are not yet clear me the rocker switch for our electric awning was not in the panel right next to the door ( where one could see the awning actually move) but was over by the bathroom. While it was painful to re-pull the wires...all those nasty staples sticking down into the attic I did move the switch to the same panel that houses the light and slide switches. The panel is very flex-able and you can move the switches around to suit your needs. I have a label maker that I use to mark the switches with what they are actually doing.