PDA

View Full Version : Safe Guard Rv Tire & Wheel Insurance

Ruffus
03-17-2013, 03:22 AM
Last July while traveling through Arkansas on my way to Colorado I damaged a wheel on my 5ver hitting a chuck hole on I-40. I found that it was going to be a special order to replace the wheel and would take a few weeks so I decided to wait until returning home to order it. After presenting my extended warranty to Camping World I was told that the wheel wasn't covered under their warranty so I ordered the wheel any way for $278 and went on my way.
While going through my paper work in February I found a seperate policy covering tire and wheel damage through Safe Guard Insurance in my folder with my Camping world extended warranty so I called Safe Guard. The young man I spoke to stated that I only had a 30 day window to file a claim and it had to be done through the company that I ordered the wheel through so he could not help me. Knowing it was my fault for not reading my policy more closely I dropped the matter for a couple days but it stewed in my mind that I had paid for a policy so make another call.
After several pleasent phone calls with CW, Assurant Insurance and Safe Guard Insurance I was able to contact a pleasent claims manager with Safe Guard. I explained what I had done and asked if there was anything he could do to help me with my 7 month old foopah. He was very nice and asked me to send him several pieces of paper work that would help him document the events that had taken place such as invoices from CW, Good Sam's Roadside service and a written statement from detailing what had happened and who I talked to.
It took me a few weeking but after sending in my paper work via e-mail I recieved a check from Safe Guard and a nice letter from them apologizing for all the paper work they requested. They didn't cover shipping but hey, $254's is more than I thought I was going to get, Thank you Safe Guard and Mr. Bewsher.:applause::applause::thumbsup:

jsmith948
03-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Great Story ... Just goes to show what patience, persistence and approaching things with a reasonable attitude can accomplish. :)