Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > lunge motorsport's Profile > Albums
Click Here to Login

axle and brake conversion
Dexter 7k Torflex axles, 13'' vented rotors, 4 piston calipers, 9/16'' 8 bolt hubs, 17x9'' wheels, 245/75 17'' LT E range tires
brakes, torsion axle and bracket, brake line, and receiver
Wheel layout check after removing the junk springs, axles, and dumb brakes.
Ready to lift 2x8 beam into old spring and equalizer hangers.
Dexter elec hyd actuator set in place, unsecured as yet but located on new angle iron welded in place for support. 8 gauge wire visible.
Driver side front axle tire and slide adjustment bolt clearance to tire. I shortened this bolt just because it worried me.
Beginning weld up of 2x8 frame extension. Prior to fitting the 2x8 frame extension, I welded in a 3/16'' full length spacer to match the thickness of...
Hydraulic brake line as it exits the front compartment where the electric/hydraulic actuator is mounted, the line turns along frame rail heading...
Junk 4400# leaf spring axles with 12'' electric brakes. Can't think of a better place for them than in someone else's yard. 
This is criminal.
Just rolled the new wheels/tires into the wheel wells for fitment check. The trailer came with 225/75 15 D range trailer tires on 15x6'' 6 lug...
Pic of the brake line exiting the underbelly and running down the new frame extension towards the axles. Shrink tube placed over the brake line at...
Front compartment where I mounted the Dexter elec/hyd actuator. 1 piece steel brake line to the back of the trailer that then splits to the axles in...
This is the new jacking point in use for the 1st time after completion. The 2x2'' square tube steel is slid into a receiver and hitch pinned into...
Side view of the trailer after completed axle/brake conversion, 1st time on the road. Months of calcs and layout to determine desired ride height. I...
This is a view of the slide side 8x2 steel frame extension ready to be lifted into the old leaf spring brackets. The trailer was leveled side to...
Passenger side brakes being bled with a "Mity Vac" vacuum bleeding tool, best bleeder ever! It is not necessary to operate the pump when bleeding the...
Frame extension with receiver for the jacking adapter. Straightened, hand formed and flared steel hydraulic brake lines.
Inside the underbelly showing the frame extension with gusseting, primed white. I didn't trust the old spring brackets or the simple full length...
Completed brakes and axles with steel brake lines and stainless steel flex hoses. 8'' frame extension for desired ride height. Torflex axle using 10...
The passenger side showing the receiver and brakes. 2x8'' frame extension is 1/4'' steel and 72'' long and has 3) 9'' gussets extending 1/2 way up...
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.